Feb 23, 2009

She Knows

She stared at me eyes open wide, I dared not look away

I said that she was free to go, then asked if she would stay

The small space in between us gave room for just one voice

I told her that the words I'd say would be words of my choice

Translucent echoes struck the air and travelled to her ear

And even though I spoke aloud, I still hoped she could hear

I made some judgments of her ways, pleasant or distressed

Whatever mood her one constant was being self-obsessed

I asked if she could try to love her curvy female frame

She said her body was reward for how she's played lifes game

I said she would not know how young she was till she was old

And all the things that she is now, she will no longer hold

She said being self-critical, one more flaw to confess

I said until she loved herself the world would love her less

I asked her why she had to give until till had no more

Now all she had around her heart, was a revolving door

The time had come to so goodnight and wash her tears away

I thanked her just for listening today and every day

I gave a smile which she returned, though hers seemed far more bright

I vowed to make our happiness, always worth the fight

No comments: